Listed below are the upcoming road
projects that the Road Commission has scheduled to be completed for the 2010
construction season (please note that the start/completion dates are
unofficial estimates regarding the project schedules):
1. Holt Road – Heatherton Drive to Thorburn Street in Delhi Township: Finishing the ADA sidewalk ramp upgrades to complete this 2009 project. Project is funded by Federal Stimulus Funding. Start Date: October 6th. Completion Date: Early November. There may be intermittent closures over the next couple weeks to finalize any remaining work, including final restoration and project clean up.
2. Waverly Road – St. Joseph Street to Barton Street: Road resurfacing to be performed at the intersection Waverly Road and St. Joseph Street, along with miscellaneous work to complete this 2009 project. Lansing Charter Township. Federal Urban STP funding, Final Phase Cost: $600,000. The project was completed in Mid-June.
3. Waverly Road – Barton Road to Grand River Avenue: Bridge repair, deck resurfacing, and roadway resurfacing work to be performed. Federal Stimulus, and Economic Development Category F funding. Estimated cost: $1,275,000. Start date: Mid-May. This project is now substantially complete and open to traffic.
4. Waverly Road – Columbia Road to Pleasant River Drive: Bridge repairs, deck resurfacing, and roadway resurfacing work to be performed. Aurelius Township and Delhi Charter Township. Federal Rural STP Funding. Estimated cost: $1.05 million. This project is substantially complete and open to traffic. Minor restoration work and project clean up may continue into next week with short-term lane closures.
5. Waverly Road - Grand River Bridge to Lansing Road: Concrete pavement repair on Waverly Road, along with intersection improvements at Old Lansing Road. Estimated project cost is $500,000. Funding is Federal Urban Surface Transportation Program (STP). This project had been slated for 2011 construction but has started early. Repairs to the northbound lanes and east approach to Old Lansing Road should be substantially completed and open to traffic the week after Thanksgiving. Repair work on southbound lanes may commence if favorable weather continues, however at this time we anticipate that construction will shut down for the winter by the end of the month, with completion of southbound lanes in the spring of 2011.
6. Mt. Hope Road – Farm Lane to Okemos Road: Road reconstruction and drain crossing replacement to be performed. Meridian Charter Township. Federal Urban STP funding. Estimated Cost: $1.5 million. The Ingham County Road Commission is pleased to announce that this project is substantially complete as scheduled. All lanes will be open to traffic for MSU home football vs. Purdue on November 20th. Minor restoration work and project clean up may continue into next week with short-term lane closures.
7. Dobie Road Bridge – Over the Red Cedar River: Bridge replacement project. Meridian Charter Township. Federal and state Local Bridge Program funding. Estimated Cost: $1,570,000. The project was completed in Mid-October.